RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:53:39 -0700
>Hi all,
>
>to refresh your memory: I have had a severe heavy metal intoxification
>by dental amalgam which was drilled out in June 1996. In September of
>the same year I started eating avocados. I'm an instinctive eater and
>found to have a big big need for them at that time. For the following
>time I continued to consume 2..4 kg of avocados each week.
>
>I wondered if this could be instinctive and interrupted my consumption
>several times to find out if I had already gone into some sort of
>toleration phase. But after two or three days without avocados I found
>myself thinking always about them and craving them so I followed those
>strong feelings.
>
>Now after 33 months (!!!) my big big need has come to an abrupt end.
>First the wild varieties didn't taste good any longer, then the
>breeded sorts followed. Finally I couldn't detect a taste with my
>favorite sort and gave up.
>
>I draw the conclusion that under severe conditions it may be natural
>to eat avocados for   y e a rs. This should not be held as an excuse
>for the practice of many vegans who consume avocados daily and can't
>be without them since they desperately need proteins (and were better
>off with eating some eggs or fish...).
>
>Instinctive greetings,
>
>Stefan

i observed the same thing, big attraction for avocados following
mercury
removal, for 2 years. I needed fat badly and was atracted in my mind
olives (despite i can't get them since i left france 7 years ago and
will
not allow myself to eat the cured ones ) .
i would have prefer olives to avocados but avocados were the only
source of
fat available to me  that was not rich in proteins too (like nuts)
Things changed when i allowed myself to eat more animals fats last
winter
even when i could not get the top quality of purely grass fed or wild
animals. Then my craving of avocados faded to the point i eat them
only
occasionely  now.
I read that avocados contain a compound that inhibit the secretion of
insuline, it give  me an explanation why when i overate fruits i was
eating
lot of avocados (to limit the oversecretion of insuline?)
could be the same for strict vegan.?
For some reason saturated fats gave me help where avocados or olive
oil
did'nt give me.
jean-claude