RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 19:36:03 -0800
Ellie:
> >On the other hand the body likes to have a mix of nutrients at all
> >times.

> That's news to me. Where did you get that? Are there some reasons for
> this being valid?

I've been restudying my phsiology texts, and while the body does have
stores, especially for fats, it doesn't store a lot of glycogen. Even
amino acids are not stored, but the body breaks down labile protein when
it needs some amino acids for other cells. Certainly they body does well
getting what it needs in between meals and when fasting. But it would be
more efficient and require less engery to have a well balanced supply of
glucose, fats and amino acids at all times.

JL:
> But perhaps your psyche tells you to eat it all now. ;-)
> I know that phenomen. Earlier in my instincto "career" I couldn't wait
> for the next meal. I simply couldn't do it. There was something in me
> urging me to eat it all now.
> Any idea if this is the case with you?

I'm still experimenting, but it seems to me if I eat a balance at each
meal, I have an easier time waiting until I have real hunger again.

My best, Ellie