RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 15:55:41 -0400
Hi Loren,

I can't know what your experience really is. But can you accept that,
despite the experience you claim, others on the same or similar
regimen
may not be able to get anything like the same results as you for any
number of reasons? That others like me may have a valid fear of
jeapordizing their health if they would try such a program for 6 or
more
months? Or that the social inconvenience may outweigh the possible
health
advantages?

Since I have discovered some pretty incredible things in the areas of
natural healing and foods, and improved my health, I'm not yet ready
dismiss your anecdote completely and your successful friends (in other
words, I'm in doubt).

In any case though, if we are going by how people 'do' rather than the
nutritional science you say is bogus, why not consider equally along
with
your experience those who are thriving on a 'Paleo' type diet, and the
cultures studied by Weston Price who consisted of people who were free
of
degenerative disease while eating moderate to large quantities of
animal-source foods - in other words, large groups of people who 'did'
well
in terms of health and avoiding degeneration and had happy, fulfilling
lives
without chronic sickness? Among these cultures were the Swiss of the
Loenschental Valley who ate abundant raw dairy that they prized, but
that
you claim is unfit for humans, period.

Also, when your experience is balanced with the documented failures
into
chronic disease and death by painful degeneration of people like
Shelton
and Fry well before the optimal lifespan, as well as people who like
LaLanne and others who live healthfully into old age eating
significant
amounts of animal-source food, it gives me no reason to give your
words
much weight, at least in terms of applicability to everybody. The
information presented on www.beyondveg.com is not absolute but why
should you dismiss it out of hand? Does it make you uncomfortable that
'your way' may not be right for everybody?

I have a coworker who grew up in Cameroon on natural foods (much of it
cooked, and lots of meat), and she has the nicest set of straight,
decay-free teeth I've ever witnessed. She says the older folks in her
native community are all strong and healthy. People should consider
this
type of testimonial also.

Anyway, I am glad you are healthy...hope it continues. And for anyone
else satisfied, strong and healthy on their raw-vegan program, I'm
happy
for them too. (I'm also happy for those now well on the McDonalds
diet).

Paul