RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 16:46:08 +0100
Hi JL,

> Perhaps, but how did you find wild herbs
> (I mean, is there any other way than
> foraging by yourself)?

:-) No, there is no other way. I just go
into the forest or meadow and look for them.
Some organic market stalls also have them,
but they are not as good. The taste and
structure is weaker and the nutritional
content is probably lower. Ordinary,
even organic, vegetables are known to have
much less content in every regard, then
the wild ones.

Alas, the taste of wild vegetables never
approaches that of Durian, for example.
So I am not sure, yet, if their value for
humans is so high as their content may
suggest. But often they taste very good,
for example I ate large amounts of what
we call "Spitzwegerich" and "Breitwegerich".
(Sorry, I can't find the english name, now.)

And there is much variety. One can eat all
kinds of leaves, fruits, nuts, grains,
stems, herbs and roots in the wild. I still
have to learn much more about these wild
plants.

Regards
Karl