RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 1997 22:42:19 -0500 (CDT)
Zephyr said:
> I do seem to be recovering well, I
>have no one to compare to of course as far as time.  I'm finally
>walking some:  like Frankenstein from Auschwitz, kind of lumbering on
>my skinny legs, but staying up.

Zephyr, however precariously good to have you back from the shadows of
death!

>Today I had some Manning's natural beef, which is the first
>meat, discounting egg yolks, I've had for about six weeks.  We'll see
>how that settles and works.

I understand that your continued desire for these foods is turning the
folks around you back into vegans. :-) I would go easy on these for a
while though if I were you and with the slightest discomfort
discontinue eating them. I will venture the guess that your organism at
this point is hypersensitive to even the slightest exposure to any kind
of parasites or their waste.

>I feel Deborah was/is an incredible organizer, decision maker,
>nurturer, mother, and so much more.  She made many very difficult
>decisions that I probably wouldn't have chosen in my desire for
>"naturalness."  I'm quite sure that I would have died if not for the
>allopathic support I received.

Indeed, you have been quite stubborn and very lucky to have had Deborah
by your side.

> Perhaps I could have healed through herbs, etc. but a good tool
>shortens labor.

I would not bet my life on it. I think your condition was too
progressed for herbs to have had any impact.

>As for instincto theory.  I've been thinking about this.  I don't have
>any conclusions, but I do know I will not be eating varmints,
>including rats, mice, gophers, mongoose, and other not often eaten by
>people foods again or ever.  I will stick to tried and true foods,
>especially meats.  My days of experimenting like that are over.  You
>know, the idea that we don't get disease eating instinctively, period,
>is obviously absurd.  I don't doubt people have been dying of
>parasites and worms since we began.  Things die, period.  Nonetheless,
>I still feel that eating instinctively is "the lost knowledge of
>optimum nutrition."  Certainly, this near death experience has, as
>they say, changed me forever, and I'm not about to become paranoid,
>fearing a worm or a fluke in everything.  I will be more cautious and
>intelligent, and less invulnerable and carefree with meats
>for sure, but I consider this new information to add into my
>understanding, not validation to dis instincto.

>From reading the above you seem to have gained a lot of perspective,
and I look forward to hearing your further thoughts on the issue as you
get well and begin to put this whole ordeal behind you.

Zephyr said:
>Instincto theory is a headtrip created by Guy Claude and promoted by
>folks like me, Bruno, Kirt, Pangaia, et al.  It's a theory.  Yeah,
>every other animal on earth only eats raw food, okay so there's some
>empirical evidence.  But past how I feel, and how much I enjoy food,
>the theories don't have too much value.  I want to live and enjoy
>life, and I'm not going to limit myself to instincto theory or any
>theory to do that.

Here you seem to be taking a step backward wanting to have it both ways
by not being able to make up your mind whether eating instinctively in
our mind is just a pleasurable headtrip or the "lost knowledge to
optimum health".

>if I need help, I'll receive it.

Count your blessings.  Next time you may not be so lucky to have the
dedicated & loving support of a brave woman like Deborah to save your
life.

I do not know how much longer you will remain on your medication but I
think it would be wise of you not to rely solely on the medication or
your instincts to rebuild your body. From the dental & blood work you
had done and from the fact that you came down so hard with Trichinosis,
your state of health despite your instinctive lifestyle could not have
been the best to begin with, and I think you should find a good ND to
help you rebuild your health.
Hanna Kroeger in her book " Parasites - The Enemy Within" (303-
442-2490) says: "The worms ( Trichinella spiralis) stay in the muscles
where they form cysts which will eventually calcify and harden."  She
advises: "For help try: 3 drops of Oil of Wintergreen in 1 teaspoon of
Blacksstrap Molasses, twice daily for 3 months. Now after 3 months you
must destroy the calcium cysts that were formed.  Take Magnesium Oxide
tablets: 3 tabs, daily for 3 weeks". For the prevention of parasites
she confirms what Donna Gates (The magic of Kefir (1-888- KEFIR 4U )
and David Webster (Achieve Maximum Health (1-800-943-0054)) have to say
on the issue, namely that parasites can only proliferate in an
imbalanced intestinal environment: "Foods that help the body to prevent
parasites: Here are some dietary suggestions.  A diet high in
carbohydrates and low in protein has been found to make parasitic
infections worse.  When the body is in an alkaline condition the
parasitic condition sets in.  It is best to keep the diet slightly
acidic both as an preventative measure and when treating the infection.
Foods that help keep the intestines acidic are apple cider vinegar and
cranberry juice." (And my favorite raw kefir) I believe that the
instincto diet as it is very big on fruits not only creates an alkaline
environment in the intestines but also feeds the parasites and other
microbes with its high sugar content enabling them to easily
proliferate out of control. This might also account for the cases of
instinctos coming down with malaria. I think that if instinctos would
eat more RAF's, that would also help create the right acidic
environment that apparently is so important as a first line of defense
against unwanted microbes - and the abundance of amino acids would
build strong intestinal walls and perhaps prevent these "bad guys from
spreading throughout the system (leaky gut). If it is true what Kirt
says that cooked food eaters tend to be asymptomatic when exposed to
the parasites that cause Trichinosis, then it might be for the reasons
just mentioned.

Zephyr, best of luck with your recovery and do not hesitate to keep us
posted from time to time of your progress and to let us know if we can
be of any assistance to you.

Best, Peter