RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 10:40:57 +0000
Hi Peter,

you asked:
>Exactly how long after being stored in a jar do they loose so much of
>their bitterness that they can be eaten with pleasure?

After opening the jar and waiting 24 hours (jar left open) they are
eatable. But you won't eat much of them if your body doesn't need them,
that's for sure.

>Not long ago I visited Zephyr in Santa Barbara where he just recently
>planted a Russian olive tree in his garden.  When buying the tree he
>was told that this variety of olives could be eaten fresh of the tree.
>Maybe this is the kind that Orkos is selling?

No idea. Their olives are from Spain and France and God knows if they
have Russian trees there. One wouldn't guess that, eh?

May I ask my question about tannin again? Here it is:
Is tannin that adstringent stuff that makes you feel as if your mouth
is contracting?

Kind regards,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]