RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Francis Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:36:38 -0400
I have read quite a bit of the beyondveg website and others,
 but I wonder if anyone would anyone be interested in
 answering any of the following questions?

- Is the general concept that a raw-vegan diet is not the best diet
  for humans and is in fact insufficient in some way?

- Would this include all humans or just some?

- Is the theory that we need to cook some of our food and that it
  is a good and necessary thing,
OR
- Is it that we need to include non-plant sources in our diet in order
  to be healthy?

- What specific nutrients are deemed to be too difficult or impossible
get?

- Is there a recommendation for the best source of the missing
nutrients?
    meat / eggs / dairy / fish / supplements

- What is the best source of b12?
- Is it destroyed by cooking?
- Is it impossible to get b12 from plant life?

- Humans do not seem to be efficient meat eaters without tools.
  Is the thesis that tools make us omnivores and that this is an
adaptive
    and evolutionary-driven requirement now?

thanks