RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
EnzymeRich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 08:41:28 -0600
Karen said:
>For twenty years I ate tomato, red bell, cucumber avocado and lemon jc. salad
>for breakfast, and fasted twenty hours to the next day.  It worked well for
>a time but my decline started subtley, insidiously.  mood swings, cravings, anger,
>insomnia, irritability, lost teeth, sagging skin--all radically opposite to the
>promises of the diet >by Ehret.  I kept trying harder, thinking it was my fault.

Karen,

Here is a quote directly from Ehret's book Rational Fasting:

"What I call Mucusless Diet consists of fresh, ripe fruits and
starchless
vegetables, for they are the ideal foods, and the fundamental remedies
for
all diseases."

What about the starchless vegetables such as leafy greens, dulse,
sprouts
and other raw veggies you omitted from your diet for 20 years? ( or
seeds
and nuts-which I don't eat?)

Do you think it's fair to  discourage all raw vegan diets based on
your
experience with such a narrow fruitarian diet?

I'm not trying to blindly defend raw vegan diets, I try to stay open
and not
attached to any way of thinking and be flexible and evolve. I have cut
way
down on sweet fruits lately and added more leafy greens, sensing an
imbalance there.

The fish and cheese sounds too constipating and mucus forming for me-I
suffered for many years from that and a mucusless diet really helped
alot
and continues to.

Thanks for sharing your experience-it's very useful. I'm glad you've
improved your health with your changes and hope it's sustainable over
time
for you.

Be well and healthy,

EnzymeRich