RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 1998 11:37:20 -0700
Hi all,

Karl, I agree.  Terrific for those who have re-learned the body's own
wisdom.  I think trusting what your body tells you in matters of food
selection or anything else is the best.  Its wisdom is incredible, how
it makes such perfect food selections - much more than what one might
try to calculate or logically try to figure out.

Karl-W. Geitz wrote:

>  We (Instinctos) are trying to choose
> our food by heeding the advice of the body
> instinct. And our experience is so far, that
> the needs for food depend at least on weather,
> activity and constitution (including genes and
> blood types) and that these dependencies can
> never be predicted by the intellectual mind;
> the matter is much to complex. But the instinct
> has been developed over millions of years and
> it is able to determine the nutritional needs
> very exactly. So IMHO, one best follows the
> lead of the inner voice - it knows how to handle
> natural food.

But most people raised in normal situations will have been taught to
ignore those instincts or suppress them, and have to aggressively find a
way to re-learn them.  Eating raw is a big leap for most, and eating
instincto-style is even a larger step.  Food is strongly tied into
familial and cultural traditions.  Anyway after eating largely raw for
many months, I keep wondering why eating mainly raw or insticto-style is
so alien to people.  I think partly it is a big reminder that we are
fundamentally animals, an idea which a lot of people dislike.

BTW I see clients all the time who eat how they think they should from
reading or from following their very ingrained food addictions.  The
popular things around here, that is so common it is becoming an irritant
to me: flesh foods are "bad," fat is "bad," carbs are "good," and IMO
that's a pretty fast way to damage health - put some one on such a diet,
say comprised mainly of vegetarian pasta for a few months (all cooked,
all grains, little flesh foods etc).  * gag *  So for someone who isn't
ready for the insticto-style eating  I think the bood types book is a
very good first step, especially if it gets people back on flesh foods,
away from grains and dairy, and on more fresh foods.

I'm just about ready to go on another juice fast, maybe starting today.
I am not that hungry today.  Since my juice fast I have been tired, but
my emotions and thinking and ability to work are significantly
improved.  I have not regained weight since coming off the fast, which,
for me is unusual - usually gain at least something back.  So maybe the
slower weight loss this time shifted something internally?  I hope so...

regards