RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 07:21:46 -0700
> Does anyone know if there is a comparison between a raw food verses a
> macrobiotic diet?

Are you looking for just basic facts or something more scientific
and/or
official?

The most basic info I can offer is that my understanding is that
macrobiotics believe in cooking just about everything.  My
accupuncturist is
heavily into macrobiotics, and she's always saying that raw food
produces
too much cold and damp in the body.  My guess is that the official
macrobiotic position on raw foods is similar.  Also, most macrobiotics
followers I know eat tons and tons of brown rice, something that would
be
difficult to do on a raw food diet.

:)
Carol