RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 10:29:09 -0400
Frank:
> months. I'll tell you why I think I lost weight. Most cook food comes in
> fixed portions. (...)
> On raw food I eat only until I am satisfied.

Thanks for your comment. It is indeed easier to manage leftovers when you eat
raw. The point that would a priori be more surprising was that it is possible to
eat *a lot* of raw food and however lose weight.

Ellie:
>I didn't know that toxins preferentially accumulate in fat. Could you
>tell me where I could read more about this.

I think I wasn't very clear. It is wel-known that residues of pesticides or
heavy metals accumulate in fat. Now, for AGEs and co, I don't know, but that
hasty generalization is probably made by some people who interpret weight loss
as a symptom of detoxification.

>1. 4 TBS unheated honey...1hr. glucose=261 and was over 200 for 2 hr.
>2. 1 avacodo plus 4 TBS honey...1hr glucose=250, still too high.
>3. 2 very fatty raw Boston mackerel + 4TBS honey...1 hr. glucose=124 and
>fifteen minutes later was 87. Very normal.

That's interesting. So, the mixture mackerel+honey was well digested?
And have you compared with other sources of carbohydrates?

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis