RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric (Ric) Lambart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 23:39:59 -0700
Cheers, Sandy.

Regarding the foodstuff in Europe (I presume that was your query);
Summer and fall are surely the ideal time in the central regions, at least
if you're wanting really fresh and locally grown grub. Have bummed around up
north in the winter, but rarely as a raw fooder, just like your previous
wide ranging travels.  Of course, just like in our Midwest or upper east
coast states, they have plenty of produce...but most of it's imported from
down south. They have lots of greenhouse operations in the North, though,
but to me, it just doesn't taste like the real thing.

However, remember that our California climate ranges all over the
Mediterranean areas, so there is always great fresh stuff down south.
Spain, Italy and Greece are notably fantastic, from our experience.

If you were referring to Mexico...well, it's always growing time down there
and throughout Central America, for that matter.

Peace,

Ric