RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 20:32:41 -0800
Liza May wrote:

> Ellie,
> << if emotions are pent up, toxic neurochemicals clog up neurons in the limbic
> regions of the brain and these neurons atrophy. >>

> This is a great theory.  In my work with people on eating disorders and other
> "food issues," I have found that there are invariably underlying emotional
> reasons for not liking certain foods.

> Anyway, it sounds like we have the same thoughts about the importance of
> releasing "toxic" feelings.

I am excited to hear of people working with food addicts and emotions. My
purpose in publising the theory is to support people like you and those
of us who are recovering from addictions. I am a recovering food addict
myself, and my personal work in releasing pent up emotions, especially
anger, has relieved me of my addiction to food. I hope to put a
laypersons version of the theory on the Net, after it's published in a
scientific journal. If you are interested and send me your address off
the list, I would send you an advanced copy.

My best, Ellie