RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 08:37:45 -0800
thanks, Jean-Louis, for your interesting post! I too got tired of
worrying about being 100% raw, and find that eating steamed veggies
at home now and then, works fine for me. Also, it is nice to be
able to eat out with friends now and then (great for your social
life!) without inducing the stress of: is it raw, is it organic,
what is the ingredient list, and so on. Turning "100% raw" into
a virtue is not a good idea - it often becomes an obsession for
people who buy into the model of the "ideal" 100% raw diet.
Allowing yourself the *freedom* to eat cooked on occasion, is
to liberate yourself from the chains of dogma.

Let us know more as your experiments with cooked, continue.
Thanks again for another great post!

Regards,
Tom Billings