RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 07:43:00 -1000
>Kirt said:
>| No flames, OK, but what talent are you referring to?!?
>
>Jo sez:
>NFL's website, mail order business, speaking seminars, other events (small
>and large-scale), PR, events, literature (yes), demonostrate
>organizational, marketing and technical savvy. All that didn't arise
>without talent, intelligence.

I guess it depends on how you define talent and intelligence. All those
things you mentioned have led to a failed business. They have a couple
groupies and that's it.

>We may not agree with their methods or philosophy but that does not
>discredit their accomplishments. If they can help people to explore a
>dietary system to fashion improvements in health for the short-term, hey,
>good for them. It's the individual's responsiblity to periodically flick on
>the bullshit detector and discard limiting dogma.

Where's your bullshit detector, Jo? How can you twist NFL bullshit into "If
they can help people to explore a dietary system to fashion improvements in
health for the short-term, hey, good for them." Again, their
accomplishments are VERY limited--they just toot their own horn so much
that people suppose they must be pretty important.

>Kirt suggested:
>| >We can simply agree to disagree, respect each
>| >other's positions and let it go. But the sooner we choose to collaborate,
>| >the sooner we can expend our energies on largely productive pursuits.
>|
>| You might direct such thoughts at NFL, no?
>
>Jo sez:
>Would I be considered naive to think that this list isn't monitored by
>people affiliated with NFL?

Then they would read how you are cutting them slack, how a threat of
violence doesn't really harm their reputation much because, gag, "If they
can help people to explore a dietary system to fashion improvements in
health for the short-term, hey, good for them."

>Kirt queried:
>| >I think the various schools of thought can be likened to a humongus salad
>| >bar and it's up to each person to pick and choose what he wants on his
>| >plate.
>|
>| If one plate threatens to hurt another plate the situation is a little bit
>| different, no?
>
>Jo sez:
>Absolutely.

You say absolutely but you seem to think the ends justify the means. Which
is it?

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft