RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 13:20:53 -0700
Gerry,

hm, maybe you're right - Americans ARE raised on flesh foods that are
covered with gravies, sauces etc...

Gerry Coffey wrote:

> ....it's not the meat that tastes good, it's all the things
> that have been done to it to enhance it's flavor.

BUT to state for the record, I know dozens of people who eat fresh raw
fish and love the taste of it plain - including myself.  You don't?  I
do often enjoy just that, raw fresh and plain foods; had breakfast of
plain raw fresh salmon
- delicious - taste good, mm, yum...more for lunch later today...

> Think about it.
> How many people would enjoy slaughtering and then eating the flesh of the
> animal they slaughtered all bloody and foul smelling.

I do not go fishing; I do shop in a market like anyone else for that and
other foods.  But given the choice, if in the wild, and hungry, I'd much
rather go fishing and butcher a fish than snoop around in the wild
gathering berries or whatever.

When I was in school we were very lucky - one student would go fishing
and bring in freshly caught fish.  After reading your post I'm sure you
would think of me and my schoolmates as savages, but one of my fondest
memories of those days, years ago, was the group of us students each
standing with a knife - eagerly, grateful for the generosity of our
schoolmate, slicing pieces off of this huge slab of fish, eating
mouthfuls of the fresh, raw, plain fish, having the most wonderful meal,
during break, in the school's kitchen. It was one of the most delicious
meals of my entire life.

regards,