RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 10:39:04 -0500
Stefan:

> When it's over I find that I am feeling better than before the infec-
> tion. My conclusion and that of other instinctos is, that the viruses
> or bacteria must have done something good. If it is not detox (and viral
> infections almost always come with running nose and other excreting pro-
> cesses) then you should give a better explanation.

I am ready to admit that some infections can be beneficial, although not of
them. Wild animals can die of infectious disease, even when well-nourished.
Obviously, if it was a healthy detoxification, I would rather be less healthy
and stay alive! I am just saying that there is no evidence that, for instance,
the Koch bacillus is beneficial for anyone.

Speaking about detoxification, I recently had a runny nose for three weeks: had
to blow my nose 3 or 4 times each day, it was like a mild cold (the first one in
1 year). I have no idea what it was, it could be detoxification (of old stuff,
of slightly heat-denatured nuts, of the raw cheese I recently introduced), or a
cold, or both. Whatever, when it was over, I didn't feel particularly better
(and I decided to keep dairy consumption at no more than 1/4 pound/week on
average).

> >5) The only known beneficial micro-organisms are those which live in
> >the digestive tract (correct me if I am wrong). Their effects include:

> This is the usual black-and-white thinking of the conventional doctors.
> (I thought you are a mathematician? ;-)) There are bad and good micro-
> bes. I don't believe it.

Well, I think the conventional thinking is
black-and-(black-or-gray)-and-gray-and-white,
if you see what I mean :-)

 -some microbes are bad for most people (TB, polio...)
 -some microbes are innocuous for everyone
 -some microbes are beneficial for everyone (friendly bacteria in your digestive
tract)
 -some microbes are normally innocuous, but are harmful on people whose immune
system is weakened

What no one has found yet is a micro-organism which is harmful on people whose
immune system is weakened, but beneficial on others. I am not excluding its
existence, however.

To make a comparison with the food chain, I would say:
 -some animals are predators (harmful)
 -some animals are preys (beneficial)
 -some animals are neutral (not predators, not preys)
 -some animals are not predators nor preys, but since they compete against
others, they help control the growth of various populations
 -obviously, the weakest animals are the most likely to become victims of
predators.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis