RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 10:04:25 -0700
These postings of meat-eaters vs. fruitarians bring me to think about
macrobiotics (meat and fruit would be at opposite ends of the food
spectrum based on their sodium to potassium ratios).  Fruit seems to be
more appropriately eaten closer to the equator due to fluid needs and
the necessity for cooling which is helped by potassium salts.  The
higher sodium in meat would increase heat and help a person stay warmer
being of use in the colder climates and in winter.  I prefer to eat
veggies and seeds closer to the middle of the spectrum.  Grains are
closer to the middle of the spectrum too, but of course are not too
great eaten cooked.  Honey would land in the same extreme area as
tropical fruit.  (Oh well, my two cents for the day.)  Mary Jackson