RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roy P D'Souza" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 96 17:52:00 PST
Submitted to veg-raw by: "Roy P D'Souza" <[log in to unmask]>

Hello,

>I agree that it is probably a U-shaped curve, but my sense of it is
>that the optimal levels of exercise are ridiculously low, just
>enough to get the lymphatic system stirred up and the blood moving
>around a little.

Hatha Yoga asanas were supposedly designed to do alternate squeezing and soaking
of organs to promote blood irrigation.
Hatha Yoga requires one to achieve complete repose while in the posture (mental
and physical relaxation.)
I also read somewhere that the normal body temperature of advanced yogis is
slightly below that of other people.

It looks like one might want to put Yoga in a different category when evaluating
the life extension impact of conventional exercise?

Hatha Yoga also shares with Tai Chi the belief that there is an internal life
energy that is unnecessarily squandered by doing the postures (forms) in an
unnecessarily strenuous way.

Roy