RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J. Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 17:55:05 -0800
Does anybody know about parasites from raw fish?  I enjoy eating raw
fish, both sashimi and ceveche style and have done so for years, long
before hearing about anopsology or instinctive eating.  But now people
are asking me about parasites.  I always purchase my fish from a local
japanese grocer (who has been around for 30 years and never
had a problem).

Quite frankly I'm afraid to purchase from anyone else.  Can anyone tell
me, if you purchase fish elsewhere, are there any guidelines for
avoiding parasites that people (mainly my paranoid family) are so
commonly terrified of?  And if you do ingest something "unclean" what
are the remedies?  What are the symptoms?  Does any know, where can I
get reliable information about the potential problems and solutions?

thx,