RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 11:58:58 -0700
Preview!  I'm writing a mostly raw "cookbook", and here is part of one
recipe in my sweet tooth section.  I made this impulsively, in 12
minutes this morning, from nuts, honey and coconut.  12 min = including
clean up.

PURIST NUT-BUTTER TREATS

· 1 cup raw nuts such as cashews, macadamia nuts and/or almonds
· honey to taste
· finely shredded unsweetened coconut

Make nut butter with the nuts, or use nut butter that is already made.
Roberta uses the Champion to masticate them all.  Be careful if you use
the Champion and don't try to push too much through at once because the
friction will heat the juicer-body up a lot; push through about 1/4 to
1/3 cup at one time. Then mix the nut butter and honey until thoroughly
blended.  Mixture should now be about the consistency of toothpaste.
Put shredded coconut in a small shallow bowl.  Take a spoonful of the
mixture and roll it into a ball in the coconut.  The coconut will stick
to the sides of the nut-butter ball.  Continue until you've made the
entire batch.  Set on plate and let stand for a minimum of 10 minutes.

Store in airtight container (if there are any left).

:-)  enjoy,

regards