RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Hovila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 00:09:36 -0700
Liza,

>1. Am I understanding that you urinated this out?

Yes.

>2. How did you retrieve it?

Stuck my hand in the toilet and grabbed it.

>3. What prompted you to take it to the doctor for analysis?

I wanted him to tell me what it was.

>4. Was it painful?

Yes, somewhat, but it didn't last long.  Probably only lasted a couple
of
seconds.

>5. Did you think it was a kidney stone?

Yes, that thought crossed my mind, but the doc said it was a bladder
polyp.
Kidney stones are apparently hard like rocks, but this was soft and
spongy.
He also said that if it had been a kidney stone, it would have been
REALLY
painful.

>6. Had there been any prior warning that something different was
>happening than an ordinary urination?

For a couple of weeks prior I had had blood in my urine on and off.  I
think there was also some blood just before the polyp came out.  After
it
passed, I think the bleeding came to a pretty abrupt end.

>7. What type of cancer did the lab say that this was?

Stage 2 carcinoma, or Grade 2, something like that.  I have the lab
report somewhere.

>Ah! The famous Arise and Shine! My local herb shop told me that
>Richard Anderson has been in jail for the last several years, and
>that the Arise & Shine products were taken off the shelves, because
>of some dangerous pharmaceutical drugs (I forget what now, but if
>you're interested I'll get all the gory details) that he had been
>adding to his supposedly natural formulas.

Sure, get me the gory details, but make sure they're accurate before
you slander him in public.  What you have said so far doesn't sound
totally correct to me.  He wasn't in jail as of at least a couple of
years ago, when I saw him at Breitenbush Hot Springs.  (Not that his
being in jail would necessarily trouble me.)  I did read a news
article
about a bad batch of his Chomper formula which supposedly was
implicated
in heart fibrillations.  An Arise & Shine distributor told me that the
problem was with one of the manufacturers of the product who was not
making the formula per specifications.  Whether the FDA got it right
or
not, I don't know, but I wouldn't count on it.  I heard that the bad
batch was pulled and that they continued in business.  As far as I
know,
they are in business today.  I have a friend who was selling the
products
as of a couple of months ago, when he was let go because he was not
meeting their quota.

>Anderson's not a doctor, Mark. He is (according to the "ND" after
>his name) a naturopath, and I, for one, do not know where or when or
>how he became one. For a long while (maybe even still now, in many
>states) anyone, without any training whatsoever, could call
>themselves a naturopath, and put "Dr." in front of their name. And
>for a couple thousand US dollars, and one year's correspondance
>course, anyone can get a mail-order "degree" in naturopathy from
>lots of different places. (Then there's Bastyr, which adheres to a
>rigorous and high standard for its students. I'd be surprised if
>Anderson went to Bastyr. I think he started calling himself a doctor
>before their program existed).

You are really too much.  You admit that you don't know where or how
he
became a naturopathic doctor, but then you go on anyway to imply that
he got
his degree through the mail.  Bastyr is not the only legitimate
naturopathic
college around.  Why don't you make sure your facts are correct before
you
slam people in public?  First you jump on JR, a layman who never
pretended
to be anything else, who was only offering some friendly advice,
citing as
your evidence some mysterious information in "the archives."   Then
you
start slamming Anderson on the basis of gossip from your local herb
shop.
Who knows, maybe the gossip you've heard is right.  But what if it's
not?
Don't you think it's irresponsible to make charges like this without
having
something solid to back them up?

Maybe you're the type of person who would say these things to
somebody's
face, I don't know.  But I do know it doesn't take much courage to
post
irresponsible stuff like this on a mailing list.  These are real
people
you are talking about, with real feelings.  Think about that.

Mark