RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 10:24:18 -0700
this is the last article extracted from the recently posted material
by Morris Krok. I have more material which I will post if/when authorized.
I might make one short extract article from that new material - to be
determined.

Tom Billings

MORRIS KROK ON NATURE CURE, SUNSHINE, WATER CURE
An extract of material written by Morris Krok

Note: the material below was written by Morris Krok, and is extracted from
a long article released on Internet. This article was edited by Tom Billings.

        Healing by Water by T Hartley-Hennessy added the final touches. This
 book talks about the use of the healing properties of sun drenched water, fresh
 air and sunshine in various civilizations from ancient times. By drinking
 the lightest running stream water or rain water, and also by using it
 externally in the form of compresses, the water by its osmotic properties
 would force toxic matter out of the lymph and general circulation as boils
 and suppurations through the skin. Osmosis means that a light fluid
 entering a membrane has the ability to force heavier substances lying on
 the other side out through the skin.

        You cannot trap life or vitality in a bottle and you cannot store
 sunshine in a package. Although the good things in life are free we are told
 of all the magical substances that you can buy in pharmacies and health shops.
 Sunshine and fresh air are here for the taking but only given passing value
 in this age of electronics, satellites and placing our faith in technology.
 There is no force more obstructive to the advancement of mankind than an
 untruth that is given authoritative approval. Beware what is universally
 accepted as it can well be the end of man's sanity and logical reason. To
 know the truth we must become a child of nature and no longer must we think
 that the keeper of wisdom is found in universities, or that professors,
 physicians and priests hold the key to salvation, or that the higher
 truths can be condensed and concisely compressed in the pages of script.
 But for the simple, logical, powerful and intelligent truth to become part
 of our life, in a sense we must discover it for ourselves. To a degree we
 must re-invent the wheel, or test what those geniuses and artists of life
 taught as the path man must follow. These masters of thought were found in
 all ages and eons; but for us to be in attunement with their teachings, is
 no easy task. So much has been written lately and so much of it is
 contradictory, controversial, confusing and complex that to find fragments
 of enlightenment is like seeking for a needle in a haystack, [and] as the
 saying goes there is a lot of hay about.

        From the age of 19, the law of cause and effect taught me that there is
 no such thing as medicine, or to state it more explicitly that drugs have no
 relationship with illness. For this reason I had no problem what others may
 refer to as playing the "dare game" - that is, daring to go against the
 [main] stream of accepted belief.

        But I hope today that I will be able to give you a magic charm, a
 talisman that you can use for the rest of your life - a transforming genie of
 Aladdin's lamp.

        This charm is comprised of a number of simple components. Use of fresh
 air, sunshine, exercise, rest and natural food. But first we must change
 our conception about what we are taught. Here again we must free our mind
 from the untrue. Whether we are aware of it or not, we are all searching for
 understanding and a few simple secrets that will make us more efficient;
 but this is not possible if we believe glibly whatever is to told to us.

        To flow with life and reality and live in the now, we must cease
 thinking that there are such things as specific illnesses or that there are
 specific remedies; and that something outside of ourselves like germs, viruses
 and bacteria are attacking us and causing our symptoms. We must realize once
 and for all that it is our [own] wrong habits which are the cause. For this
 reason, we must cease thinking that food has healing properties or that it is
 curative. Sunshine and all the other elements combined correctly has the
 purpose of freeing our hollow cavities and ducts of unwanted substances so
 that the three motors of the body - those in the lungs, the abdomen and

MORRIS KROK ON NATURE CURE, SUNSHINE, WATER CURE (continued)

 brain can function efficiently. Tarzan rightly thumped his chest to prove
 how clear his lungs and heart are, and how they resonate with purity.

        Let us start with the blazing sun, the golden light.
        Once we have adjusted our eating habits to include more raw foods,
 eating when true hunger is present so as to ensure that we have efficient
 assimilation and good bowel evacuation, then we can go full speed ahead in
 the prudent use of exercise, internal cleansing, fresh air and sunshine to
 add that sparkle to life and put the spring back into our step. To enjoy
 our food we should eat only when the mouth fills with copious amount of
 saliva and you can hear the digestive juices rumbling in the stomach, and
 the remnants from the previous meal are completely out of the colon. These
 experiences will illustrate what I mean.

        Everyday, I ask myself what do all my experiences, studies culminate in.
 In what simple form can it be defined? What is the end of what I regard as
 man's final quest? What in other words, works and what does not? The answer
 is simply this:
        To attain our highest potential where the body and mind are properly
 co-ordinated, the first step is to erase the fundamental error that man
 has made since he ceased becoming a food gatherer, and complicated his life
 with fire, menus and recipes. We must assist the body in every possible way
 to eliminate what it cannot use or what is toxic, so that these substances
 cannot interfere with the finer workings of the organism.

 ...material deleted...

        To conclude the food story, all concentrated foods from both animal
 kingdom and the vegetable kingdom are acid and mucus forming. This includes
 dairy products, cheese, yoghurt, butter, eggs, all meats, grains, nuts, and
 legumes. It is for this reason that the early naturopaths advocated a 80%
 alkaline diet with 20% acid forming foods. In passing through the
 digestive tract - stomach, small intestines and colon, these foods leave
 slimy residues behind from infancy onwards. They accumulate layer upon
 layer, and when the membranes become saturated with this pernicious
 substance we get colds coughs etc. With gravity it descends to the kidneys,
 bladder and colon and against gravity it ascends along the membraneous
 tract upwards to the bronchioles, alveoli (air sacs of the lungs), throat,
 tongue, nasal passages, and eustachian tubes. It pollutes the lymph, that
 circulation that feeds our bloodstream and causes dandruff, underarm odor,
 etc.

        Let me tell you what in my opinion, is the greatest health discovery of  all time. It is the
naturopathic concept that the moment you omit a toxic or
 addictive substance, the body commences the elimination of that substance
 which in turn produces a withdrawal symptom. Each undesirable substance
 produces its distinct symptom of withdrawal. The importance of this
 discovery is that naturopaths found the essential thing is not to suppress
 this symptom but to let it run its course. The patient must just learn to
 bear it and if they are of a slight nature to welcome them and rejoice that
 the body is now eliminating what is not good.

        One only has to eat the addictive substance once a day for the
 suppression of withdrawal to take place. Tea, coffee, chocolate, salt, certain
 spices, cooked food, drugs, exercise, and even too much eating of even raw
 food, can suppress a symptom.

        Simplicity is the key note to success. This statement is most important
 for, to give our mind - our crowning possession - full reign and control of
 our conscious and subconscious minds, we must interfere with the body as
 little as possible and make things simple for it. And as "miracles are
 wrought on an empty stomach", the easiest way to achieve this is not to eat

MORRIS KROK ON NATURE CURE, SUNSHINE, WATER CURE (continued)

 unless true hunger is present, and not to drink unless thirsty. When our
 digestive tract is not overtaxed with food and liquid, and is in a
 relatively clean condition, our mind becomes free to focus fully on
 externals, and permit the subconscious to weave its unique brand of magic
 and flash solutions on our consciousness in its own time. This is the
 correct definition of thinking. Thinking is, after gathering all the
 relevant information, to wait for the subconscious to delete, merge,
 associate, and create those symbols, charts and abbreviated characters that
 contain the answers.

        This is contrary to what the health world believes and teaches. If you
 wish to become confused, first the doctor and pharmacist will offer a thousand
 and one remedies, then the natural health practitioners, unless they subscribe
 to the original nature cure teachings that toxic substances in the body are
 responsible for our ailments, will also tell us to take remedies and
 supplements - hundreds of which are found in the Health shop. How absurd
 and fallacious. At birth we come into the world with a blank mind and the
 only things worthwhile to retain in it are those experiences which are
 provable and can be demonstrated year in year out. Consequently, if all the
 things we must believe in and use to be healthy, surely we would have known
 them at birth. So it may imply that there is nothing special to believe in
 or something special to take. Accordingly if you have a problem, you are
 deficient in some element or mentally deficient or both. The other day I
 went to [a] health shop and the assistant told me that the owner takes 150
 different types of pills a day. It is ridiculous to think that all these
 expensive items can do anything for us, if at the same time we are eating
 large amounts of refined, adulterated, chemicalised, cooked items. The
 owner who is over 70 and has a lot of energy, so I am told, must live
 sensibly as well. So what is keeping her young, intelligent living or the
 tablets? One cannot even prove that the pills are achieving anything.

        Much of what I write and what I find of value, comes to me usually
 unsought, after doing some yoga exercises and drinking five or more glasses
 of water on an empty stomach in the early hours of the morning. I also do
 some water sniffing..............But in the end, it is not what you read
 in books that counts but what you experience, or by chaining segments of
 truth from one book to another to get the right picture. Man I believe is
 always searching, even if he is not aware of it for some answer or solution
 to a problem in life. Truth comes in small segments to one who is attuned;
 and attunement is more probable, prevalent and pronounced after internal
 purification.

 ...material deleted...

        11. In 1964 I was living on a 12 acre small holding in the country and
 the water we drank came from a rain water tank. One day I decided to live only
 on rain water for a few days. I must have drunk at least 15 glasses of
 water during the course of a day. After a few days a suppurating wound
 opened on my left arm at the very spot that the needle was inserted when I
 donated blood. For an entire week the arm was swollen and suppurated, and
 what oozed out smelled of wheat products - during my youth I was a big
 eater of cakes, biscuits and starchy foods. The swelling was almost down
 when a bee stung me on my right hand. Now suppuration oozed out of this
 wound for over a week. Osmotic pressure as explained in "Healing by Water"
 was the cause of the suppuration - a light fluid passing through a membrane
 has the necessary pressure to displace through the skin the heavier fluids
 that are present on the other side of the membrane. Instead of drinking
 less water, I drank more to increase the internal pressure; at no time did I
 use any suppressive means to stop the suppuration. My understanding was
 that it would cease on its own accord the moment most of the unwanted
 matter was washed out of the system.

MORRIS KROK ON NATURE CURE, SUNSHINE, WATER CURE (continued)

        12. Misguided as we are, we forget about the wonders of the elements -
 light, sunshine, fresh air and water. At one time I had many warts on my
 hands, and without knowing why I decided to have three cold showers a day.
 After continuing in that vein for over a month I was surprised to find that
 they had disappeared. There was one large wart on the inside of one of the
 fingers that remained until months later I decided to increase the amount
 of water that I was drinking. And after a few days I noticed that it was
 starting to shrink and a few weeks later it had disappeared. There is no
 doubt in my mind now that if I had sunbaths during the same period that I
 was showering, the warts would have disappeared earlier.

        13. Another incident which also proved the therapeutical value of water
 concerned my wife. While on a visit to California about 12 years ago, my
 wife experienced such severe back pain that she could not get in and out of
 the bath or into the bed without help. My daughter took her to a
 chiropractor who did some massaging and prescribed vitamin C tablets. All
 this treatment did not help. A day or two later, I told my wife to drink
 five glasses of warm water in the morning, five glasses at midday and
 another five glasses in the evening. At every session after drinking the
 water she became nauseous and vomited. However she was delightfully
 suprised to find that night that the pain had disappeared and she no longer
 had any trouble going in and out of the bath or bed. The severe backache
 was never experienced again.

Note by Tom Billings:

Those in the U.S. can order the books by Morris Krok from his daughter,
contact:

Susan Krok
21 Coquito Ct.
Portola Valey, CA 94028

I suggest using her instead of alternate suppliers, as his family here
will benefit.