RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
FrmYurSoul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 18:14:38 EST
<< You don't have to be afraid of bad bacteria  taking over but as your system
momentarily is quite out of order I  would recommend to be careful with sweet
(and dried) fruit  (candida!!) and to consider Lactobacillus and
Bifidobacterium cultures.   Regards, Sylvia >>

Sylvia, thank you for your informative response.  Seems I wasn't the only one
with questions about taking antibiotics.

I have a few general questions for anyone.  I know cooking food kills enzymes,
but what about freezing foods?  Like having an occassional frozen banana or
frozen grapes for dessert.  If freezing simply diminishes the enzyme content,
is it significant, or does it vary per food/time frozen/temp?

How long does the enzymes in juice last before they start to deteriorate?  I
have heard varying lengths of time that juice will be good for, even that
commercial juice you buy at the store still has plenty of enzymes.

Also, has anyone improved their eyesight via a raw food diet?   Lessening
common problems like nearsightedness?

Thanks so much everyone.  Hope I'm not too much of a pest, just trying my best
to learn.

Best regards,
Lee