RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:35:00 -0400
Liza,

> Maybe just tell him what he already knows - that greasy
> vegetable-oil-soaked foods are not good for him.

I'm not sure he knows this. He's heard it but he doesn't understand
why
it's not good for him.

> If he's interested,
> you might discuss the differences between vegetable oils and animal
> oils, rancid/fresh, oxidized/fresh,  healthier balances of fatty
> acids, the factors affecting plaque deposits in his arteries.

these things he'll understand. Especially the plaque in his arteries
cause
his father died of a stroke and both his brothers have had one already
(one younger, one older). fatty acids he understands. animal oils he
won't
eat. He is the kind of person that once he makes his mind up, he will
give something up forever, but he needs to be convinced of the
need for the effort and he craves that (in his words) "burnt crispy"
smell
and taste of french fries. sigh...

thanks
:)