RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anwar J Goins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:39:44 -0400
It is interesting to see people who really don't care about health
preaching nutrition. All they are really doing is validating current
eating habits with a little bit of this is unhealthy and a little bit of
that is unhealthy. It is quite hypocritical. Much of what we are talking
about(raw food and all that) would be totally disregarded by these
people(I believe). You'd be suprise how much cultural bias gets into our
"sciences" and how they tend to validate cultural trends. Take a
sociology class, especially a sociology of science class(I took one last
semester), even though mild, you get a taste of what really drives our
"sciences", how much they ignore and who pushes them, where. If you
go to 'doctoryourself.com' there is a quote by Albert Einstein which is
very interesting and I believe true. He's addressing the AMA, American
Medical Association(doctors are another band of highly hypocritical
people). You see people want to hear from 'authority' and be satisfied.
No-one believes you unless you have a popular backing. I had a Biology
class where I did a presentation on Colloidal Silver, there is much
medical history behind this product(though it has fallen out of
popularity) but no matter how many Phd's or MD's there were to say
something about what this product could help(especially the highly
political diseases like AIDs) it had to be from a "reprable" and
"well-respected" source. Really just a bunch of doctors or scientists
who've done well in their careers. This is the way science works, and I
really don't like it. Remember Einstein was negated and denied for quite
a long time before his theories had to be accepted, because other
couldn't find better or equivalent explanations. Now everyone is on his
"dick".(Sorry if this is too harsh for some, but I liked the effect is
gives). These people aren't God, and until they can claim, convincing and
long lasting proof that they have the nutritional map for humanity from
God then they are students of nutrition, not experts, and their theories
are suspect to change and mistake also. And I haven't even gotten onto
who gives the monies for research to be conducted on foods and their
nutritional content. It's about money, money and more money. And, in my
personal opinion, when this is at the bottom of the ascertainment of
knowledge then you are sure to have problems with unscientific things
going on, which in my opinion is imprudent, non-discernmental,
unintelligent, things. I like to look at intelligence, discernment and
prudence as the bases of advancement and at the root of true
universal science, not the respected but cliquish cult/religion that it
has become. Many of these people deny God and claim "let me see him then"
but believe in other things that they can't see, but used their
"INTELLIGENCE" and deductive skills to conclude upon. I mean give me a break.
Scientists are subject to unjustified bias like every ordinary person,
and scientists should never claim to have the final verdict on anything,
becuase as a prudent scientist has said and would say "All the evidence
is NEVER in".

Godbless,
Anwar