RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 08:32:34 -0700
Thomas E. Billings wrote:
> Aajonus claims that parasites are no problem. He says that he has
> been  checked for worms and none found, despite the fact that he has no
> stomach,  due to the cancer surgery years ago. Thus he has no hydrochloric
> acid to  kill the parasites. He spoke of doing a 41 day fast (he advises
> against  fasting, he says it's stupid), and eating a rotten salmon steak
> crawling  with pinworms, but still no worms in him. Of over 3000 clients on
> the  diet, only 1 person ever got worms.

I have been going to Aajanous's talks since last Feb and my
understanding is that he has his stomach but that the surgeon cut his vagus nerve and
that this is the cause of his no hydrochloric acid.  He has said that
he eats anywhere from a half pound to three pounds of raw meat a day
along with a lot of raw butter and vegetable juices and raw cheeses.
Since first hearing him and reading his book, I have been eating five
to six pounds of raw meat and fish a week.  I have also been eating
the same amount of raw milk cheese.  I am feeling better than I have
felt in a long time.  My body has been putting on muscle with no
change in physical activity.  (My normal activity includes 10 miles of
hiking most weeks and some massage sessions).  I have serious jaw
infections and was told to have all of my teeth pulled.  Since I have
been on this diet, the pain has almost vanished.  It seems as though
my body is finally healing.

Dave

= =======================================================================
Date:         Mon, 15 Sep 1997 08:34:57 -0700
From:         "Thomas E. Billings" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      unauthorized reposts, plus an update

Recently some of my articles were re-posted, without my permission, on
other e-mail lists. This created an unpleasant situation, as in some
cases I was attacked on the other lists. (Some individuals strongly
object to my moderate, open approach to raw foods.) This happened despite
my on-going policy of trying to carefully control where my writings are
posted or published. In particular, I avoid posting my writings on
any list where I feel (much of) the audience will not appreciate them.
Also, I have time for only a limited number of lists, and cannot take
the time to defend my writings on lists that I do not participate in.

In order to prevent this from happening in the future, I will add the
following preface to all future posts, even short ones, that might
potentially be reposted elsewhere. (The new preface is an abbreviation
of the standard long preface used on major new posts.)

I hope this prevents my writings from being posted elsewhere without
my permission.

New preface:

Posting/Copyright Notice: This post is approved for posting on raw-food,
veg-raw, Intestinal Health, and the Paleo diet e-mail lists. It is also
approved for M2M, "Health & Beyond" (and web site), and "REAL News". Posting
on any other list/website, or publishing in any other manner requires advance
approval.  Those portions of the post below written by me are also:
Copyright 1997, by Thomas E. Billings; all rights reserved.

Comments/Clarifications:

1. Recently a few of my articles were posted on the Intestinal Health list.
That was done with my permission, and that list now has automatic approval
to repost any of my materials (it is included in the above preface).

2. The claim of copyright applies only to the portions I write in a
followup article. It does not apply to portions of a post by another
writer, that are repeated in the followup. (There the original author
has the copyright). I will try to avoid using the preface in followup
articles, and will use it only if I think my followup might be
"controversial" to some.

I hope adding the new preface does not inconvenience readers. It can be
easily skipped over...

Update:

* The notes from the talk by Aajonus Vonderplanitz were posted to
the raw-food list. The notes will not be posted to veg-raw, as the
diet promoted by Aajonus is very non-vegetarian.  I have mailed copies
of the notes to a few veg-raw members who requested them. If you
want a copy, send me e-mail or read them in the raw-food list archives
if you prefer.

* I might repost the latest (newsletter) version of the "Idealism vs.
Realism" article (plus supplement), which is now part of the "Essential
Advice" series.

* new installments of the "Essential Advice" series are on hold, as I
am busy with many other tasks. I hope to get back to writing that by the
end of September. It may be October before new installments of that
series are released.

Regards,
Tom Billings