RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 15:05:30 -0700
Nieft / Secola wrote:

> Anyway, I was (and am) relatively surprised to find that cassia has not
> caused any discomfort since I have been eating some cooked veggies and meat
> (I eat no grains however). I will post later about my experiment of eating
> very rare red meat nearly everyday for about three weeks, but even then
> cassia caused no problems. Indeed, in retrospect I would say it was most
> problematicjust before the high rare meat experiment when I would eat a
> high percentage of juicy fruit and raw veggies. There were times when
> cassia seemed to put my system into a strange mode: the _next_ day whatever
> fruit and/or salad I ate might pass through nearly undigested. Only when
> eating some heavier foods (like avos, aged fish or meat) would I start
> digesting again. It seems that cassia was just exasperating the problems of
> eating a high water high carb high fiber diet of raw fruit/veggies.

>Do you eat any sprouted beans?

Maybe I am not cleaned out enough, but I can't tell if I have digested
something or not. Could you go into some details about that. How long it
takes for juicy fruits to go through and how do you know if they are
digested partially or not at all, or fully? Same question for avacodos
and fish or meat. If you have veggies with protein, how do you know what
is or isn't digested if it is mixed.

What do you think of Edward Howell's theory that the need for uncooked
food is because of the enzymes in food that digest themselves, and thus
spare our own enzymes? Do you think you might be more adapted to slightly
cooked meat and veggies than to raw?

I was addicted to dairy and grains, and I'm beginning to find it useful
to sense that something that is addicting is not what I need, for example
, sweet corn. How is that rare meat affecting you. Do you crave it? I
look forward to your posts about this.

My best, Ellie