RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 1997 10:49:18 -0400
 From: Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>

> what's the story on commercial bananas?  I find I can eat them while
> organic ones have no taste or taste bad.  what do they put in them?
> are they a really bad fruit for IE?

I don't know: I have always been satisfied with organic bananas, and with
certain kinds of non-organic ones. But I usually buy organic, since I eat them
with the skin as well.

Yesterday, I went to the health food store, and found ripe bananas (for me,
ripe=completely black skin, but still white inside). As the last time I had
bananas was about 1 month ago, I thought it would be a good idea to buy a pound.
I came back home, read for a few hours, then, when I went to the kitchen to
drink a glass of water, a subtle and pleasant fragrance came to my nostrils. I
had no idea what it could be. I checked that it wasn't my own body, nor the
contents of the refrigerator. I came back to my room and continued my book. One
hour later, it was time for dinner, and I finally realized it was the organic
BANANAS! I ate three of them (they are small: about 65 grams each, skin
included), and it was a real pleasure. I then continued with (among others) raw
cheese: not very instincto, but it helps me keep the quantity of fruits at a
reasonable level.

Best,

Jean-Louis