RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 16:19:37 +0200
Peter,

> >Don't forget your TVP,dried fruit and nuts!!
> I would  leave out the TVP as it contains MSG and add some dehydrated
> RAF instead.

What do TVP, MSG and RAF mean?

> My guess is that you were low in the enzymes needed to digest the milk
> but that as soon as your body adjusts to this new food, it should not
> be a problem if the milk is raw.

Mr. Burger experimented with raw milk but it led to inflammations.

> as a major addiction for our feathered friends.  I am surprised that
> the bird's immune system does not reject the denatured food in the same

We will not always notice it. Swans and ducks for example _love_
to feed on bread and similar stuff. Although they still look
normal from the outside it is known that their beak get so
weak that they are no longer able to eat their natural food.

> these foods taste delicious and give no taste stops that some natural
> intelligence in the animal would say, " hey this stuff might taste
> really good but it does not really satisfy my nutritional needs.

IMHO in a natural environment there is no difference between
instinctive attraction and healthiness of a product. So in
the wild there was no need for a 'watchdog' mechanism and
so none evolved.

> >MY COMMENT:  Yup sorta seems we humans have already created an
> >environment impossible for us to live healthfully in.

No, at least not yet. We have a chance!

> higher sugar content. Eating more vegetables, not including seeds and
> nuts, will for most people mean loosing weight.

For me it is still difficult to have a satisfying meal of
vegetables. But according to Thomas (from ORKOS) this is
caused by an overload of proteins. He recommended me to
stop eating proteins (nuts, avocados, flesh, fish...) for
a week. Then a natural attitude towards proteins would
have been restored. I think that he probably is right.
I already used the same approach when I noticed that I
got into 'tolerance' with peanuts. I just stopped buying
and eating them for three weeks, then the natural
attraction and block were restored.

BTW: I did get awkwardly thin when I ate only fruits.

> Karl, good to have you aboard too!  Two comments: Oranges have only
> been around for a very short time, and I see no contradiction between
> instincts and using tools.

Thanks! And regarding Oranges: Why have they only been around for
a very short time. I thought that wild forms of citrus fruit
were available in the ancient woods. Aren't Pomelos, for example,
rather wild fruits?

-Karl