RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 20:36:00 -0600
A friend called my attention to a message with the title "Raw food and
fascism" that was posted to misc.health.alternative today - maybe Stephen
Arlin's (NFL) personal ad on a white supremacy website some time ago was no
coincidence after all...

Best, Peter

========================
Article: 165895 of misc.health.alternative
Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative
Subject: raw foodism and fascism
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 14:49:26 GMT

"Is anyone aware of the precise connection between certain advocates of the
raw food diet and such white supremacist groups as the World Church of the
Creator.? I am aware that one well-known raw foodist book--_Nature's First
Law_ by Stephen Arlin--is praised on the WCOTC website, for what the reviewer
perceives as Arlin's "racial awareness" as much as for the author's ideas
about food and nutrition. It also quotes Arlin as recommending a book by the
WCOTC's founder, Ben Klassen."

"In an interview posted on his own website, Arlin claims that he doesn't
discriminate, and that anyone who advocates raw-foodism is okay with him, at
least in that regard. Personally, I would draw the line at groups like the
WCOTC that explicitly advocate genocide of most of the world's population,
but that's just me. However it seems that Arlin *does* discriminate, but in
*favour* of the WCOTC and similar assorted nasties. BTW, I did write directly
to Arlin on this, and got a cheesy autoreply that in no way addressed my
questions."

"For the record, I think the raw foodists are one of the most disturbing
groups of fanatics this side of Jonestown even *without* the Nazi connection.
I uppose there is only so much distance between believing that cooking and
modern medicine is a massive, evil conspiracy and believing that they are a
massive, evil *Jewish* conspiracy."