RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
joel strickland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 11:40:33 -0700
Assuming that your root canal is from a bacterial infection, you don't
want
that to get out of control.  There's evidence that heart disease is
caused
by gum infections.

More advice from Weil -
http://www.pathfinder.com/drweil/database/display/0,1412,58,00.html

      Natural Health, Natural Medicine  online

     Gum Disease

      Gingivitis, inflammation of the gums, with resultant recession
of gum
tissue and damage to teeth is a common condition of middle-aged people
that
often necessitates painful, costly surgical treatment. Most gum
disease can
be prevented by eating a good diet, not smoking, and practicing good
oral
hygiene.

      a.. Get in the habit of using dental floss at least once a day.
Use
unwaxed dental floss if possible, and get it under the gum line to
scrape
the tooth surface. Have a dental hygienist teach you how to use it.

      b.. Whenever you have a chance, massage the gums with your
fingertips.
Also stimulate gums by running the end of a round wooden toothpick
under the
gum line.

      c.. If gums are sore, mix hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to a
paste
and work this mixture into and under them with a toothbrush. Leave it
on for
a few minutes, then rinse.

      d.. Use a goldenseal mouth rinse.

      e.. Have your teeth and gums cleaned by a dental hygienist twice
year; get treatment for any pockets of infection that are discovered.
      Take coenzyme Q, 60-100 milligrams a day.