RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 06:37:34 -0700
> Gary wrote:
> >2. There are many things that may have contributed to increased relative
> >brain size, and brain size is not directly related to brain
effectiveness.

Stefan wrote:
> Brain size is related to the amount of information you can store.
> Humans are not much more intelligent than chimpanzes but can store
> considerably more information. Humans are walking expert systems.

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't done the research, but isn't
it
the case that Einstein didn't have a bigger brain than the rest of us,
but
that it was just hooked up a bit differently?  And if we're all going
around
using only 10% of our brains anyway (as some claim) what does that say
about
storage capacity vs. intelligence?  Maybe chimps are using more of
their
brains to get to their level of intelligence than we use to get to
ours.
Has anyone looked into that?  And just how intelligent are chimps
anyway,
and in what ways?  I doubt that there is any way to measure their
level of
abstract thought.

Carol