RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J. Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 15:13:04 -0800
Jean Louis,
Yes-

> I was wondering if some people on the list got skin improvements on a raw diet.

I used to have dry shiny scaly skin on my hands, feet and legs, that
looked like a lizard or something truly alien out of a horror movie,
that felt like 80 grit sandpaper that nothing would help, so bad that in
cold weather it would crack and get thin little bloody areas in the
cracks.  Supplements, herbs and special foods didn't help.  Recently I
have not been on a totally raw diet, but do often eat nearly all raw
foods, mainly fresh ocean fish, shredded carrots, fruit, fresh pea
sprouts and fresh (home made) juices of all types (- I do eat cooked:
brown rice, eggs and toasted nori sometimes).  Anyway since eating lots
of raw stuff (2+ years) my skin has improved a lot; I do have a little
spot on each of my heels that are thick and uncomfortable but all the
other spots that were bad are now all perfect, smooth, no lizard lines,
not scaly - still a little shiny but not too bad, and certainly a lot
healthier feeling than before.  Nowhere do I have cracked bloody spots
any more - thank goodness.  I stopped using soap a couple of years
before and it didn't make too much difference, but I attribe the
improvement to the raw foods.