RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 22:29:00 -0600
Ben:
>Agreed, there is foolery in accepting claims for face value.  It is likewise
>questionable to dismiss claims with no further investigation.

Hopefully, that goes both ways.  Of three cancer patients I have been
following on his diet, one is now dead and two others are in critical
condition.  Two of these have been on the diet for six months, the third
for four months.  Other than being on a raw diet for the two who are still
alive it is obvious they will have to explore other modalities as well if
they are to survive.  There are two other cases on the diet that I am not
so familiar with; one who died from cancer and another who ended up in the
emergency room with renal failure that developed on the diet.  At the risk
of sounding morbid, put that in your pipe and smoke it. ;-)

>While it is true that rigorous, controlled studies have not already been
>performed using Aajonus' regime, studies are currently underway in New York
>to determine the validity/significance of Aajonus' treatments, despite
>obvious lack of funding from standard medical pathways of funding.

It is no wonder if Aajonus is having a hard time getting standard medical
funding
since he so far has been unable to document any of the case stories of the
3000-4000 patients he claims to have been helped/cured.  However, I hope
you will share with us everything you know about this study to be conducted
in New York.  Does Michael Schachter MD happen to play any part of it?  If
you do not know, I would appreciate if you could point me in the direction
of somebody who does.

>Additionally, you will find that many of his patients are eager to share
>their experiences with you -- this is what I found when I began
>investigating his work myself.

Maybe you could get some of these people to join this list and share their
success stories with us?  I have had the hardest time tracking down
patients of his even in Los Angeles where he lives. They are so publicity
shy that even the most devoted Aajonite  cannot help but to begin to wonder
if many of them exist in the first place. ;-)

>If you truly are interested in learning more, I would encourage finding out
>more through what he already has published before dismissing what seem to be
>"too good to be true" claims.

Apart from reading his book which is very light on factual information, it
is not clear how you suggest going about this.  Unless, of course, you
believe that the burden of proof rather than being on him is on those
skeptical of his many unfounded claims? ;-)

Best, Peter