RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 13:11:49 -0700
the message below is by Sheila Shea and is forwarded with her
permission. / Tom Billings

>From [log in to unmask] Sun Oct 17 11:55:58 1999
>Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 11:59:01 -0800
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Sheila Shea <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: An eccentric diet & diet meanderings

Hi Tom,
Long time, no write. I am very busy with my own list. I took time
today to
read the notes. You always say something that speaks to my heart and I
appreciate your thinking so much. The comment on L'Orme is wonderful.
I go
through so many phases with living foods. I began in 1974. I've never
been
100% although for some days or a month or 2 at the most. It's my
favorite
diet. I do try to eat instinctively.

I also deal with letting go of so many addictions including my former
eating disorders, then marijuana and most recently coffee and black
tea.
Wow. The headaches were too much and I've cycled in and out of them
for so
many years. I transitioned to Rapunzel chocolate once a day - pure
stuff -
and how that puts by brain and heart in overdrive and lifts my energy
and
spirits! My energy is great anyway, it's just my ego that thinks I
need to
be up continually. I'm in therapy bigtime to overcome the addictions -
and
I do find that my cravings are less, my emotional communication is
better.

I love the raw meat however I love cooked lamb. It's so hard on the
list or
with private people the ragging 'meat' gets. The only thing I find
with the
meat esp cooked is that it is drying for the intestines and slows my
transit and I have suffered from life long constipation. I think
smaller
amounts, raw work better. Plus I have recently developed a  taste for
raw
ahi tuna. I've dropped the meat/fish temporarily to come back to an
elimination baseline and then will add slowly beginning with the ahi
tuna.

I met a new 'raw-foodist' at a party last weekend who acted like a
canonized saint. I've known her for years. I asked her how long she
had
been doing it and she said 4 months! She's the right wing school with
no
animal products. I explained the 'left wing' position. She was not
into
sharing anything, people, recipes or thoughts! So not much discussion.
More
holiness about her 100% raw decision and practice. I kept my mouth
shut
after that.

Anyway, I still occasionally have a margarita and wine however even
that
desire is waning! I think some emotional crises that were resolved
over
the summer have calmed the desires! Now to look at the chocolate
situation.
I'm enjoying it while it's happening however I'll just observe where
that
path takes me and for how long and how much and the effect on me.
Thanks
for being you and reassuring me on this unique dietary path. I'd love
me you when I'm in CA someday. Hope you are well. Sheila Shea, Tucson
AZ

PS You are welcome to post this to the raw list! BTW my dad had
Mitford's
book in his library for many years!