RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
arjen hoekstra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:23:57 -0800
Secola/ Nieft:
"Your calculation is absurd. Ascribing a linear
progression of something that is hardly linear. It is,
indeed, illogical. Especially since the reproductive
success for 11 year olds would likely have lead to
extinction in the era you claim."

I love it when people put words in my mouth! First of
all, I hope I don't have to explain the word
"average": I never said that 11 year olds did breed.
Secondly: I just gave you 2 points in time for which
the AVERAGE age at death was calculated. One was one
hundred years ago and the other was 4500 years ago. I
never said anything about it being a linear
relationship (and, by the way, it is not even linear!)

Secola/ Nieft:
"As Stefan has found, it is very hard to argue with an
argumentative someone who can't think clearly, and who
claims he doesn't want to argue in the first place."

I don't think I have ever said that I don't want to
argue, but I know that I have said that I love
discussing evolution. But anyway, here it starts
again: insults! Another person who feels too
threatened by my reasoning and needs to protect his
ideology with insults and putting words in my mouth I
have never even said. What about my first 4 points in
my reaction to Stefan? You conveniently ignore those!
So even if I would be wrong in one argument (which so
far hasn't been shown to be the case), there are still
4 other arguments left!

Jo:
"If I were to apply your logic, then I would have a
hard time trusting that your health was nominal
because you don't consume any animal food sources."

This is not true Jo. B12 is known to be essential for
good health. There is nothing in meat essential for
good health that can't be found in plant foods (except
for B12).

Jo:
"I also believed what you believe now. What you write
is sublimely nostalgic."

You didn't believe what I do believe, otherwise you
would at least have taken a B12 supplement. If I still
would have had problems with my health, I would have
tried adding some invertebrates to my diet. You didn't
do any of those things!

Jo:
"The health problems I suffered at the end of my raw
vegan days were completely resolved through RAF.
Personally, this fact needs to be weighed as well as
your well-intentioned viewpoints."

You still haven't given me any reasons to believe that
your health problems could not have been solved with
B12 or adding some invertebrates to your diet! I do
realize that everybody has a different body and
different requirements, but it still doesn't make
sense to me to start eating foods that don't support
our biological make-up!

Jo:
"But to you, what does health conscious mean?"

I don't know what the relevance of this is to the
discussion, but put simply: someone who makes
conscious choices about his or her food choices that
support his or her way of thinking of how good health
can be reached through diet.

Take care, Arjen

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1