RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 21:29:59 -0400
Well, I tried a recipe today that I very much enjoyed.  I have a mixture
I sprouted (many of which began in separate jars but which after they
sprouted all joined one jar in the frig), including:
barley (doesn't really sprout)
rye
wheat
buckwheat
quinoa
amaranth
sesame (didn't sprout either)
pumpkin seeds
sunflower seeds
oat groats (just soaked 12 hrs)

I stirred a cup or so of those into a platter, and added a handful of
arame seaweed (soaked 15 minutes) , stirred that in.  For additional
flavoring I added the juice of 1/4 lemon, a couple teaspoons of flax seed
oil and pressed one clove of garlic into the mixture along with a little
bit of sea salt.  It really didn't need much salt though, because then I
also added some dulse seaweed.

Tasted great, very satisfying.  Some things, like green salads, we rarely
get tired of.  I'm hoping that the grain and seed mixture will be
somewhat that way with me!

I'm hoping to interview Viktoras again later in the fall.  Does anyone
have some good questions they'd like me to ask him?

Thanks, Thomas, for your ongoing helpful posts and information!

Michele Michael (formerly Michele Reel)