RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 08:54:02 -0700
Walter - re: the NFL book. You can read some chapters from it in the
raw-food archive (they posted a few chapters to the list). The archive
is at:
            < http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/raw-food.html >

The book chapters were posted in the great debate here - a debate that NFL
lost.  Check the period November 1996 - January 1997. I think they posted the
chapters in late November or in December. There were a number of reviews
of their book during the period, as well.

As for a rating of the book; using a 5 star rating with 1 the worst, and
5 the best, I would personally rate their book as: 0 stars. That is, it
is so bad that it is literally "off the scale".

I would recommend that anyone curious about NFL, should read their record
in the debate mentioned above. You will see just how little of their
material is factual, and much of it is just plain wrong. You can also
read a few chapters of their book, without it costing you anything.

In an earlier posting, I expressed my views of their book:

* the worst raw foods book ever written, and one of the worst books of any
kind, ever written

* has such a low factual content that it should be sold only as fiction.

Additionally, I have criticized their negative, hostile, confrontational
style. A few pieces of information on this point:

* NFL was excluded from this list (raw-food) after the debate, for cause -
their hostility and inability to observe courtesy and ordinary decency

* NFL was excluded from another list, the new veg-raw, after they posted
what many considered an offensive, racist remark about "eskimos" (as well as
threats and other hostile rantings). It's a shame that the new veg-raw
does not have an archive, or all could see their actions on veg-raw.

* The NFL book is filled with insults aimed at cooked food consumers and meat
eaters. NFL criticizes meat eaters, while behaving like aggressive children
suffering from an overdose of testosterone (my opinion). Such irony!

Anyway, before putting any money in their pockets for any reason, I encourage
you and others to examine the public record of NFL. You might decide, as I
have, to not support them.

P.S. I didn't want to discuss NFL further, but as no one answered your post
of yesterday, I thought you (and others) should know of the public info
available on the NFL "gang".

Regards,
Tom Billings