RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J. Leong" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 03:54:28 -0800
Hi Stefan,

I have cravings once in a long while for chocolate.  Since I react badly to
sugar, I use unsweetened cocoa powder and mix it with raw honey into a gooey
paste to make other things with such as a topping for home made raw ice cream
(mostly raw cream, fresh fruit, raw nuts, honey etc) or something like that.
While too much/often doesn't agree with me, an occasional item like this is fine

and has none of the negative effects that regular chocolate has on me.

Actually I think sugar makes people crazy, not chocolate.  Have you tried the
same experiment with other candy?

I also get the same pain in my throat for just about anything with sugar in it
after a few bites.  But I don't get that reaction with my honey/cocoa mixture.
BTW chocolate is also really bad for any women with breast lumps or cysts or PMS
soreness or similar problems.

regards

Roberta