RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 06:40:07 -0800
Nieft / Secola wrote:

> If I ate a pound of grapes it was seista time a half hour late. Or time for
> a couple bananas ;) This wouldn't happen to me previously, even when eating
> a lot more fruit, like in Thailand. And, as I said, I was not very
> conscious of the pattern until I experienced the contast of ketosis.

So, you had the sleepy effect only after you had given up fruit for
while. Interesting. I'm not finding fruit has any sedative effects on
me, even if I eat a lot. And while I used to be hypoglycemic after
eating 4 dates, for example, I am no longer hypoglycemic after 4 or more
dates, (verified by testing)

I heard from Deborah that Manis found high mercury levels in the local
fish, the highest in the top of the food chain, ie, tuna.

My best, Ellie