RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 06 Feb 1997 23:09:28 -0500
Doug -

I believe you suggested in the last couple of days that nuts and seeds
are in principle "unnatural" foods for us because their destiny, if you
will, is to give rise to new plants, a destiny they can't fulfill if
consumed. This argument has some appeal, but it also seems to imply that
nuts and seeds are unnatural foods for any animal. I believe, however,
there is much evidence in nature against this. If I recall correctly, I
have seen film even of chimpanzees (or perhaps it was one of the other
monkeys)feasting on newly ripened nuts (can't remember the variety).
Whadd'ya think?

David Ross