RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 1997 13:59:44 +0000
Hi all and a big aloha to Ombodhi, if he is still on the list.

In your post of 1/29/1997 you wrote:
> crack egg into wide glass cup or bowl.  compost shells.
> gently scoop up yolk with large spoon.
> watch eggwhite cling to yolk in fascination, letting it drip.
> press spoon against side of cup/bowl, careful not to break yolk.
> satisfied with most of eggwhite removed, slide yolk into mouth.
> chew & smile at the incredible taste explosion.
> give eggwhite to cooked-foodist or the compost pile.   =20
> perform headstand naked in the sun.

Got you, Bodhi! You are throwing away the best parts probably.
Here's my guide to the eggs:

- Crack egg into small cup. Verify that cracking needs quite an
  effort to do. If cracking is too easy its probably not an instincto
  quality egg (shell too weak.)
- Taste shells. Interesting? Then eat 'em.
- Now lift up yolk with a large spoon. Eggwhite should cling awhile
  to the yolk. If you reach higher and higher it should finally drop.
  If it drops immediately your eggs are either too old or not instincto
  quality (eggwhite too thin)
- Use your fingers to strip the yolk of the remaining white.
- Check the cords that are attached to the yolk (name? my dictionary
  is too small) They must be very strong. If you pull them they should
  become longer and longer (up to 10cm =3D 4'') and finally break but
  without harming the yolk. If pulling them lets the yolk tear apart
  its probably a non-instincto egg (hull of yolk too thin.)
- Look for the germ disc (correct term? a small white disc on the yolk)
  This is the starting point if your egg would have become a chicken.
  Look out for one or several small dark or violet dots in the white.
  These are present if the egg is fertilized. (name of them?)
- Slide the yolk into your mouth. Roll it in your mouth. Feel the strong
  hull it has that allows you to do so. If the hull breaks while doing
  this it was to thin. (Old or non-instincto egg.)
- Now break the hull and let your taste buds explore the taste. If you
  have selected the eggs instinctively because they smelled attractive
  it should taste great. If it tastes like chicken shit you were wrong.
  Spit it out and go to the next point.
- Having eaten the yolk turn to the white. Try a teaspoon of it.
  Interesting? Then eat it. Boring or reminding of urine? Spit it out
  and forget it.
- Turn to the next egg. Continue until stop comes or taste gets boring.
- Give remaining white or yolk to instincto who needs it. Or: pour into
  a bottle. Keep at room temperature. Smell it each day. If it becomes
  interesting, eat it, regardless how it looks.
- Try even perished eggs. They can be great: tastes of cheese or cooked
  eggs may be found.
- Having finished with the eggs you should continue with vegetables if
  not fully satisfied. Don't eat fruits afterwards (bad combination)
- Perform handstand if belly isn't too full. :-)

I personally don't know an adult who liked the shell. But I have heard of
instincto-children demanding for it and eating it.
I know one instincto adult in my town who likes the white, not the yolk.

Hope I egged you on although a little late,

Stefan