RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 1997 13:57:43 -0400
It's been a couple of weeks that I've been eating only fruits, with very
occasional vegetables.  This has either given a really good detox or
simply not enough fuel to carry on with my daily tasks.  I'm not sure
which one, but in either case, I visibly lost some weight/muscle over
that period and felt somewhat lacking energy and tired.

An instant rejuvenation would occur however after I'd have an even more
occasional egg yolk during that period or, more recently, some shellfish.

The latter have proven to be particularly beneficial to me.  I cannot
swallow any mussels as they are way too salty for me, but clams and
oysters taste great.  I also had some scallops (not live, just the
white meaty part removed but not frozen).

Would anyone care to comment on scallops (bay versus sea, the latter
being three times as expensive I think), and on purchasing the inside
edible part only as I do, as opposed to live?

Any comments on the other shellfish I recently began to eat?  Does anyone
else find mussels insupportable?  What are the most tasty types of
clams?  How do you get around the heavy weight of oyster shells, I hate
to be paying so much for them given I throw the shells away.
Any other shellfish good for raw eating?