RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 1998 13:12:23 -0700
Hi Frank, Aaron,

That is the problem - as far as I know, hardly any research has really
been done (good or bad), so it seems like no one knows.  I mean, if you
think about it, it seems logical that DNA damage would occur if you eat
radiated food.  But, as for water it may be just fine to heat it to make
tea (if adding teabag *after* heating) or something since there isn't
anything else there, and of course, yes the energy does go quickly.
That is what common sense tells me.

Frank Wuts wrote:

> Thanks for the great article. I agree that microwaving probably causes
> damage to organic compounds, but I have been wondering about water. I
> don't see any danger in superheating water molecules or ions. Their high
> energy state will quickly dissipate. Does anyone have any reason why
> microwaved water might be dangerous? Could it actually help purify the
> water?

I have a microwave and have used it for years.  I do use it very, very
sparingly and never to cook food or eat packaged meals; more often, to
reheat some small item and haven't had microwaved food (that I know of)
in at least 6 months. Actually we use it 90% of the time to heat up
portable heating pads, more than to cook with.  But after reading that
stuff about the babies' foods if I were ill or feeling unwell in any
manner whatsoever I'd stay away completely from ALL microwaved
foodstuffs.

Actually I do have another 1994 article I didn't post (I have it, but
cannot find an online copy and am resisting copytyping many pages) and
it specifically says that babies were getting ILL, very ill from
microwaved baby formula in major hospitals.  Nowadays the conventional
warning about feeding babies says to avoid microwave heating for baby
formula due to hot spots in the nipple and bottle, but the truth is the
*original* reason hospitals stopped using it was because when they first
used it babies became quite sick. The nutshell summary is that upon
returning to conventional old fashioned heating methods for baby formula
babies were well again. !!

So I wonder if the problem was due to the immaturity of the baby.  The
truth is adults can eat many things that infants would get ill on,
microwaved or not.  Or perhaps because we eat relatively small amounts
of microwaved food (hopefully) then it doesn't injure us as adults.  You
would think that if it were really dangerous it wouldn't be common but
then tobacco, alcohol, sugar and a myriad of other common items are
generally bad for human health.  I would guess that applied kinesiology
test and bloodwork tests would be good to use for further testing. I
will look up that Ott book - thanks Aaron.

regards

roberta