RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 09:59:05 +0200
> >people with or without  gastric problem were much worse off with  whole
> >wheat flour preparations than with processed wheat (that was decades before
>
> This is very interesting. I am inspired to ask: WHY?? Everything I read

1. I did experience this personally. The unprocessed
   cereal diet made me sicker.

2. According to Mr. Burger the potential for
   chemical reactions, leading to new, unnatural
   substances is much higher with the whole
   grain because then not only starch is in the
   pot but proteins and other substances as
   well. And you get more of the so-called
   Maillard molecules. All these lead to problems
   with the immune system because the body
   can't process them (at least not in
   big amounts)

-Karl