RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 08 May 1997 19:47:23 -0700
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Have you tried to find an Asia shop that imports young coconuts? Their juice
> contains much sugar. Be careful with Thailand (correct name?) It is known
> for overall commercial agriculture and lots of treatments. They even inject
> artificial sugar into their coconuts to make them sweeter.

Thank you so much. Are you saying that I should avoid Asian shops that
sell young coconuts or that they are O.K. if it's not from Thailand. I
have been buying durian in Chinatown that comes from Thailand. They also
have some that comes from Malaysia. The Thailand durian are sweeter and
more expensive. Do you think they have been tampered with?

My best, Ellie