RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberto Wajsman Crespo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 96 08:03 PST
>Hi and welcome Roberto. Peru does have a great tradition of fruit! We lived
>near the Mercado Monterrico for 2 years so I know what you mean. Getting
>into lucuma at all?

Yes! I love "lucumas" too! (thit is one example of what I find a very
starchy" fruit). Mercado Monterrico is one of my favourites "restaurants"
(I live close toit: in La Molina)

>Welcome to the avocado overeaters anonymous club--along with me. Peru is
>the place to (over)eat avos, no? Absurdly cheap and plentiful and so many
>varieties!

I see that you really understand me, Kirt!

>I suggest the possibility of including some seafood in your diet if you are
>still frustrated after a time on aplant-based diet.
>I know such suggestions might seem almost sacrilegious to fruitarian lore..

Thanks for your sicere advices. May be you are right. I will study them.

>A special treat is the artichokes,...

I really don't know what it is. May you explain me a litle more?

ROBERTO WAJSMAN CRESPO (Lima-Peru)