RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 05:21:16 -0800
Nieft / Secola wrote:

> JL:
> >I am not against raw food, I am against black-and-white thinking.
>
> Yes, yes. It takes folks a while to see that sometimes. Idealism often
> means an unhealthy dose of rigid thinking...

I agree, all or nothing thinking is foolish and unscientific along with
name calling. It is fair, I think, to debate one way or the other, (raw
or cooked) by presenting evidence that suggests one way might be better
for some people. As Kirt once said it seems to be a trade-off, and also
some of us may be adapted to cooked food more so than others. Who knows
we may some day adapt to plastic (no smiley here).

In the meantime, I'd like to be able to study the evidence and discuss
it without being labelled as an extremist in either direction. I think
it is possible to be all raw or all cooked or all fruit or all raw organ
meat without being an idealist. In my opinion the attacking of peo[ple
with one view or the other is based on psychological problems that have
nothing to do with food. The rigidity and bigotry of some fruitarians,
for instance, is NOT caused by fruit, but is the result of toxicosis in
the brain.

My best, Ellie