RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 21:29:52 +0200 (MET DST)
Stefan:

>your description of an average instincto is the sum of all negative things
>that can happen. So I consider it mostly to be negative and destructive.
>
>If you have a better theory and practice than instincto I would be glad to
>hear it from you. If it sounds reasonable I immediately will try it and if
>better I will switch over to it.
>
>Instead of summing up your negativism it would be useful if you could give
>a positive and constructive contribution to this list. And don't conclude
>from your own problems with instinctive nutrition to all others. Your
>problems are typical for beginners with instincto. I have had them all and
>lots of others had.
>
>Hang on,
>
>Stefan

The only comment I would add to that is:
your case is very, VERY interesting... seeehr interessant!

                    **********************

As I couldn't answer to the list for a few days (due to technical problems),
I realized the following fact : I AM [log in to unmask]
Maybe it is due to the fact that my computer is not of instinctive quality.
Most of the time, the stops are to mild: my eyes show only slight signs of
fatigue, I type more slowly and with more mistakes, etc... Only the
following morning I have some detox symptoms (sleep deprivation...)

Probably I should stop posting here for 3 weeks. Another solution would
be to send my computer to Orkos, they would test it if I send them one
or two pounds. An instinctive quality computer has an unbreakable stop:
it is called "Connection failed. Please try again later. The server may be
down temporarily...". Clearly, our modern, over-hybridized computers
are much more addictive, and lead to "over-mailing".

I shifted from handwriting, mental computing and other tasks to word
processors, symbolic calculus, etc... a few years ago. I still make
a few "beginner's" mistakes (such as syntax errors, overplaying videogames),
but I am now concerned about "advanced" problems, such as addictions,
inability to use a "non-original" computer without causing the system to
break down... Having to answer e-mail to [log in to unmask]
is still sometimes boring to me. Another problem is that I tend to
believe that my system (X-Windows, Unix) is the best of all. I know
that other persons use PC or Macintosh, but since they have never tried
my system, how could they recognize that mine is the best? Maybe some
of them have tried for a few months, but they were hindered by cultural
a priories or beginner's mistakes. It was difficult for me at the
beginning too, but over the years, the many doubts I had have faded
away.

Someone told me yesterday that my way of living would not be sustainable
by the whole world. I responded that if everyone shared the same
passions as me, I would spend more time talking than in front of
my computer screen, and buy less diskettes from Orkos (they cost 800 F/kg,
approx. 60$/lb, only 10% more expensive than the commercial, unformatted,
high-density ones).

Of course, it would be preferable for the whole world if everyone
could have his own computer. But then, Unix wouldn't be the most
widespread system, since there would be too many drop outs... That's why
I don't care. My conversion to the most efficient computers was
successful, I will continue to experiment with faster microprocessors,
without having a look at the Borneo tribesmen who still count on their
fingers.

Raw instinctive grins,

Jean-Louis ([log in to unmask])